CANDLE CARE + TIPS
With every Penn Chemists purchase, you've made an investment in one of the best scented candles made. So why not protect and enjoy your new candle for as long as possible? Let us please offer the following tips and suggestions:
1. In order to get the most out of your new candle, burn it until the entire surface of the wax creates an even pool.
2. To preserve the fragrance, do not burn your candle for more than a continuous 3 hours after first lighting it.
3. Always trim your wick. The MOST important thing you can do for your candle is to trim its wick to 1/4” in length before each burn, and each time the candle begins to smoke. If not, your candle's wick may mushroom. Remembering to do this will afford your candle a longer burn time and less smoke.
4. If you find that your candle is burning unevenly, move the extinguished wick to the center of the vessel while the wax is still soft.
5. Always keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, debris and matches.
6. Always burn your candle in a well-ventilated room, away from drafts, vents and strong air currents. Constant flickering and smoking occur when the teardrop shape of the flame is disturbed. This allows small amounts of unburned carbon particles (soot) to escape from the flame as a visible wisp of smoke. If too much (or too little) air reaches the candle flame, it will disturb the flame’s teardrop shape, causing it to soot.
7. Store your candle in a cool, dry place and away from direct sunlight.
8. Never leave your burning candle unattended.
9. Never burn your candle near anything that is flammable.
10. Keep your burning candle out of reach from children and pets.
11. Don’t touch or move the candle until it has completely cooled.
12. Never touch a burning candle, and never move a votive or container candle when the wax is liquified.
13. Do not burn your candle all the way down and discard your candle after 1/4" of wax remains at the bottom.
We hope that you love your candle as much as we loved making it for you!